If you are serious about fitness and performance, SOS Rehydrate is right for you. No other product in the world can match the speed of absorption, electrolyte content and carbohydrate balance that SOS Rehydrate provides. Avalible in 4 flavours Mango, Citrus, Berry and Coconut.
SOS Rehydrate features:
- Sodium is the main electrolyte of the body because it keeps a balance with water. Sodium enables muscle contraction and nerve impulse transmission, prevents "water intoxication" and hyponatremia (low sodium in the blood), and helps with blood pressure control. Sodium is the main electrolyte lost through sweat.
- Chloride is the second electrolyte lost through sweat. This chemical is needed by the body for many metabolic processes. It also helps in the acid-base balance and nerve impulse transmission.
- Sugars the main fuel of the body is glucose. Glucose, in the correct amount, is good for you. SOS contains the ideal amount and the right kind of sugars (sucrose and dextrose) to help enhance the water absorption process and provide a constant and healthy energy source.
- Citrate this electrolyte works as a buffer by controlling acidity in the body. It will help to prevent cramping and fatigue due to lactic acid production. Once it is absorbed, citrate gets converted into three molecules of bicarbonate that is the body's natural acidity regulator.
- Potassium is the main electrolyte that lives inside of the cells. It is involved in the correct functioning of the kidneys and heart, digestive system as well as muscle and nerve conduction. With 20 mEq/L we can avoid the development of hypokalemia (low potassium), and prevent heart arrhythmias and muscle cramping.
- Even though it is the fourth most abundant mineral in the body, magnesium is underestimated; up to 70% of the population is magnesium deficient. This element is needed for more than 300 biochemical reactions in the body such as, immune system support, muscle and nerve function, heart rhythm regulation, energy creation and protein synthesis.
Developed by a Doctor and two former elite Athletes, SOS has formulated an advanced and clinically proven Oral Rehydration Solution which unlocks the body’s natural mechanisms for absorbing water, essential electrolytes and sugars.
Comparable to an IV drip in the treatment of mild to moderate dehydration, SOS is the only product to use the World Health Organization's oral rehydration standards. Unlike plain water, sports drinks, or sugar-free drinks, SOS enhances the body's water absorption process by mixing the correct amount of electrolytes and sugars.
The best and most rapid remedy for mild to moderate dehydration- as recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO)- is a careful balance of glucose, electrolytes, and water that contain significantly more electrolytes (especially sodium) and less sugar than sports drinks or other hydrating beverages. One molecule of Sodium is pulled from the small intestine into the blood vessels by one molecule of Glucose; subsequently, due to osmotic forces, water gets absorbed as it always follow Sodium.
Many sports drinks attempt to hydrate and fuel, but higher sugar levels often lead to gastrointestinal distress. Sugar increases osmolality (the measure of solute concentration), and instead of pushing water into the blood vessels, it pulls it into the gut, causing bloating or even diarrhea. For this reason SOS has only 25 calories per serving and a low osmolality of 230 Osm/L to more effectively transport water into the body and improve performance.
Container Size: Box 10x 5g
Serving Size: 1 Sachet
Servings Per Container: 10
Free Shipping Nationwide:
FREE EXPRESS SHIPPING – NEW ZEALAND WIDE
TRACK AND TRACE TO YOUR FRONT DOOR
North Island - Overnight
South Island - +1 Business day
(Overnight delivery service available during check out) Rural - +1 Business day from the above times
Orders need to be placed before 3.30pm to make it on the final courier of the day
Click here to view the full Shipping Details and Returns Policy.